The Lower Peirce Reservoir is one of the oldest reservoirs in Singapore. It is located near MacRitchie Reservoir and Upper Peirce Reservoir. Previously known as Kallang River Reservoir or Peirce Reservoir, it was renamed Lower Peirce Reservoir after the creation of Upper Peirce Reservoir. It has a surface area of 6 hectares and the surrounding forest contains many trees that are over 100 years old. There is a Lower Peirce Trail, which is a 900-metre boardwalk that takes visitors through a mature secondary forest. The reservoir is the source of the Kallang River, the longest river in Singapore.
The Lower Peirce Reservoir Park boasts of a mature secondary rainforest and is still dotted with numerous rubber trees and oil palms – visible reminders of a past when vast areas of Singapore were covered with plantations. The Upper Peirce Reservoir Park is also a serene and tranquil park nestled just next to the Upper Peirce Reservoir. Adding to its scenic beauty is the surrounding secondary forest which was protected as a water catchment area when the reservoir was built.
Lower Peirce Reservoir is easily accessible from the main road (only 200 m along Old Upper Thomson Road), while the entrance to Upper Peirce Reservoir is located further down Old Upper Thomson and is more than 1km from the main road. Long distance runners can complete the full route from Lower Peirce Reservoir Park to Upper Peirce Reservoir Park, which are connected by a 4.5km stretch of road. Otherwise, unless you have your own mode of transport, the Upper Peirce Reservoir Park can be tricky to get to.
*Specific Do’s & Don’ts:
1. No pets allowed in the nature reserve.
2. No feeding of monkeys and other wild animals
* Location: Along Old Upper Thomson Road
* Direction: How to get there
– By Bus: 163, 167, 169, 652, 855, 980: Alight at Bef Yio Chu Kang Road (Bus stop ID: 56031) or Aft Yio Chu Kang Road (Bus stop ID: 56039).
Walk around 3.2 km or 40 min via Old Upper Thomson Road to the park entrance.
– By MRT: Nearest MRT Station: Lentor MRT Station. It is about 4.2km or 1 hour walk via Yio Chu Kang Road and Old Upper Thomson Road.
– By Car: Drive along Old Upper Thomson Road to enter carpark situated within Upper Peirce Reservoir Park.
* Boardwalk opening hours: 7:00 am to 7:00 pm daily
* Link video: Upper Peirce Reservoir Park :
Thank you for watching my video, Hopefully that you like it
Subscribe for more new videos at:
Thank you very much
3 min to read